Available mid-April/ Early May 2022
We make them up in the spring in SE Texas and they are available for pick up mid-April to early May (weather dependent) around the Fannett, TX/ Winnie, TX area.
All payments are due upfront. Orders are pick-up only in Fannett, TX/ Winnie, TX area.
Purchasers of a 4 frame nucleus colony from Bolton Bees will receive:
2-3 frames of Brood (open and closed)
1-2 frames with Honey/Pollen/Foundation
1 mated, marked Queen
1 reusable wooden transport box that you keep
Our Guarantee of Quality Inspection
We go through every starter colony prior to pick up and inspect the hive to ensure that they meet our high quality standards.
These hives are great for the first time beekeeper and the experienced beekeeper.
Transfer the established starter colony (4 frames) into your standard 8 or 10 frame equipment.
1) This is not a package of bees. It is an established functioning colony. All brood is laid by recently mated queen.
2) All starter colonies will have received an organic varroa mite treatment prior to pick up. Healthy, low mite load hives, will set you up for success.
3) You do not have to return the equipment. It is yours to keep and to use.
4) We are the beekeepers. We raised the selected the genetics and raised the queens ourselves. We do not buy other peoples hives and resell.
5) We like to give our customers time. We chat with you at pick up and always answer our phone and email.